Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jackie Chan's '1911' to open Tokyo fest

TOKYO -- Jackie Chan's historical epic "1911" will be the special opening film of the Tokyo Film Festival, with Chan set to attend. As previously announced, the official opening film will be Paul W.S. Anderson's swashbuckler "The Three Musketeers." 1911," which was co-helmed by Zhang Li on a $30 million budget, focuses on the Chinese Revolution. Chan also stars. I am privileged to have my 100th film selected as the special opening film for this significant year in which Japan has taken its first steps toward recovery," Chan said in a statement. "When a major disaster strikes, heroes arise who are willing to sacrifice themselves. So I hope I will never know any heroes. At this time, as Japan faces the aftermath of disaster, I truly hope my film can be of help to the people of Japan." 1911" and "Musketeers" will be TIFF's first double openers since 1997. The fest unspool Oct. 22-30. Contact the Variety newsroom at news@variety.com

No comments:

Post a Comment